As salaam alaykum people! I’m back with my cooking ways.
I made a quick snack for the evening. (You can have it as your breakfast too)
Bread upma (sounds south indian) yes! The recipe is here:
• 10-12 slices of bread
• 4 tablespoon oil
• A large pinch of asafoetida
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
• 2 medium onion, chopped
• 2 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled and chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
• 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
• 2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 4 green chillies, chopped
• 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Break the bread into small pieces. Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai. Add the asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When the cumin seeds change colour and the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the onion and saute for few minutes till translucent. Add the potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the turmeric powder, salt and bread pieces and mix well. Add the chilli powder and toss to mix. Sprinkle some water over the mixture and let it cook for 2 minutes.
Add the lemon juice, green chillies and fresh coriander. Toss well to mix and serve hot.