What is an iftar without samosas?
tried new fillings today so thought i’d share.
• Samosa patties
• Zucchini (i used 1 yellow)
• Red onions (2 medium sized)
• Carrots (1 medium sized)
• Green bell pepper (half)
• Potatoes (2 small)
• Green peas (half a cup)
• Cumin seeds (few)
• Ginger- garlic paste (1 tsp)
• Chicken tandoori masala (powder) (1tsp)
• Red chilli powder / black pepper (half tsp)
• Salt to taste / olive oil
Fillings : Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds, add cumin seeds, now add sliced onions, chopped zucchini and other veggies and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, add the spices, fresh coriander, stir well for 2 minutes then switch off the flame.
fill in the triangle shaped patties and deep fry the samosas. Preferably in olive oil.
Serve hot with home made green chutney!
Enjoy healthy and delicious samosas!!